FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Using GUC on AF - Consolidated Threads 2020 Onward
Old Jun 11, 2022, 6:46 am
flyerCO
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL DM, Former AA EXP now AY Plat, AC 75K, NW Plat, Former CO Gold, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by jamesteroh
Anyone know if Delta will put you on an earlier skyteam flight on a cleared GUC under the old rules?

Flying next month LHR/AMS on KLM and then a one hour and twenty minute layover at AMS and then AMS/DTW on Delta metal. It was only flight option available on that date in confirmed Delta one for that date when I booked it just before the policy change was to take place.

I know that's an easy connection in AMS normally but I've heard stories of huge lines with the strike going at AMS and am a little nervous about missing the connection and I'm on the last AMS flight of the day back to DTW. Don't really mine if I end up in coach for the short LHR/AMS portion on KLM since I don't want to risk being stranded in AMS overnight, especially since I've heard the security lines can take hours to get through
Security is issue for those originating at AMS or that need to clear for connection. (UK/US are considered safe, so no need to reclear security at AMS) Also if more than a month away,, its likely this issue will be resolved.. (airport agreed to demands)

If it's delayed of course they can rebook. AF via CDG or if space available VS nonstop.