FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean messed up my ticket
View Single Post
Old Jun 11, 2022, 5:28 am
Xandrios
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
So let me get this straight. You booked a flight for 2 pax and one (<2 yr) lap infant. You requested a seat for the infant and was told that no seats are available. From that moment on you have been removed from the reservation and Aegean has confirmed that they no longer hold a reservation for you. This happened less than 14 days before departure.

This seems quite clear at first glance. Aegean will have to put you back on the flight OR rebook you onto something different where the total delay is <3hr. Failing to do that they owe you a re-route on another flight, a full refund, AND compensation according to 261/2004.

Personally I would not accept a refund. Chances of you being able to find another flight that is at the same price are very low so close to departure. If all of this happened within the 2-weeks window before the flight Aegean is responsible and they HAVE to get you on the flight, an alternative flight that will cause <3hr delay, or get you on another flight (even if more expensive!) plus the compensation.

I would make sure to verify the timelines (if within 2 weeks especially), read up on 261/2004 and call them back. Have your e-ticket number available (The one that was assigned to you as a passenger on the original flight) and have them look up the details through that number. It will give them the booking the way it initially was. Then make it clear to them that you have not requested to be removed from the flight and it is up to them to resolve.

Being realistic they may not be able to get you on that flight again, since that likely means that they would have to remove someone else. You could search for other flight options (even on other carriers) and suggest them re-booking you on that (for free, obviously). Another option to consider could be to request moving all of you onto that alternative flight so that you can fly together.

Last edited by Xandrios; Jun 11, 2022 at 5:33 am