FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Jun 10, 2022, 7:21 am
downinit

Originally Posted by 84fiero
Were you asked for the stupid Attestation Form at any point?
No one asked for the form. I had a copy just in case, but I suspect I would have just confused the agent by trying to hand it over. It really is the most pointless form ever, as it seems like no one ever asks for it. One has to wonder how a person makes it to the gate without being informed of the testing requirement. You would like to think that issue would be sorted out at check-in, but it is quite clear that confusion rules the day when it comes to USA-bound flights. I was just glad the timing of my test was never an issue, since it was dated two days before the USA flight. So many people are getting stranded right now due to positive (or incomplete) tests. I went to a music festival during my trip, and many of the Americans in attendance were completely unaware that there even was a test required to return home. I know of one person who was returning via Canada, but they managed to get selected for a random test upon arrival in YVR.