FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:46 pm
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Some still show up at the airports in the Schengen area clueless about the US testing requirement (and even vaccination requirement for some) and are surprised there is an attestation form.

Originally Posted by Donsyb
I would think most people travelling now/ this summer booked a while ago (non business travel).

Availability caused by someone testing positive would be pretty last minute - probably even within 24 hours when they take the test to travel in the case of the US.

Also airlines in the UK are cancelling lots of flights, so this will mean remaining flights are busier.
On my Europe-US flights, I don’t see much of anything opening up between the one calendar day before the flight or on the flight date itself, the dates of greatest relevance to meet the US testing requirement. And my flights are going out fuller than they were in 2019 or before for the routes of long term, frequent relevance to me. Neither the test requirement nor the infection scene seem to be doing me any favors in de-crowding my flights during the testing time “window” period.

Of my last dozen SAS flights to the US this spring, SAS hasn’t even once checked what (if anything) I filled out on handed-in attestation forms. And that’s even as SAS reps didn’t care to check for my test results either for those flights. Some airlines and airline reps abroad — and it’s not just SAS for me — are taking short cuts that fall short of delivering on full compliance with the US testing requirement.