FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Definitive "Booking Japan Airlines (JL) Using AS Miles" Thread (2020-2022)
Old Jun 9, 2022, 8:12 pm
minz56

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by AK100k
Did you contact JAL or AS to make that change? My wife has ORD to NRT in F but NRT to CGK in Y. It will be nice if her last segment can be changed to J. F+J is very rare for summer time, most of them are F+Y. My friend grabbed a few F+J in his hand and will dump some of them in the next or two months.

I also noticed the pattern that for the dates F+Y is available, then J+J is not available, and vice versa, they don’t exist on the same date. My J+J ticket is 3 days after my wife’s F+Y to Indonesia. I am watching for the date that we can travel together, but no luck yet. I guess eventually we will have to travel separately.
IIRC AS never shows F/J availability on a routing like ORD/NRT/CGK. It will always show F/Y even though J might be available on the NRT/CGK sector. The way round this is to book ORD/NRT in F, then ring in to add NRT/CGK. There is quite a lot about this upthread, including a way to add the NRT/CGK sector in J using the online change tool.