FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Jun 9, 2022, 7:44 pm
84fiero

Programs: Tegridy Elite
Originally Posted by downinit
Connected CFU-MUC, MUC-ZRH, ZRH-LAX (overnight in MUC). Agent in CFU asked for test or vaccination paperwork. I only handed over the test I received the day before, which she looked over and handed back. I was never asked for anything again beyond that point and have no idea what would have happened if I handed over vaccination documentation instead (I could have technically got tested the following day in MUC, but tests were cheap and easy in CFU). While waiting to board in ZRH, there was a woman at the gate desk being informed that she needed to have a test to board the flight. It was quite a dramatic conversation, and she clearly had no idea about the requirement (or was playing dumb???). I will be very grateful when this absurd requirement is finally shelved, but I seriously doubt that will be happening until the current USA surge passes. My next flight back to the USA will be in early August, and I am starting to fear that I will be needing a test for that flight as well.
Could be either one with the woman at ZRH. But I guess some people really don't pay attention to things before they travel. I've seen occasional posts on Reddit Travel and Flights subs recently by people who either are overseas already and asking what's needed to come back to the US or about to leave the US and wondering what they will need to do to return. So maybe some people really are just winging it and not looking anything up in advance, who knows.

Were you asked for the stupid Attestation Form at any point?