FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old Jun 9, 2022, 6:11 am
Donsyb

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by GUWonder
The testing requirement isn’t working wonders to keep additional seats open for me on my very frequent flights from Europe to the US. My Europe-US flights this month and last are more packed to the brim than they have been in at least three years. Unfortunate that is too, as award space/pricing and even regular paid economy class pricing for my Schengen-US flights this summer is worse than it was three years ago for the same flights being booked around the same time.

I’m rather curious how it is that more seats don’t go out empty given Covid infections continue to take place and the test requirement is what it is for these US-bound flights of mine.
I would think most people travelling now/ this summer booked a while ago (non business travel).

Availability caused by someone testing positive would be pretty last minute - probably even within 24 hours when they take the test to travel in the case of the US.

Also airlines in the UK are cancelling lots of flights, so this will mean remaining flights are busier.