FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Transportation e- and paper Voucher / vouchers / "MCO" FAQ and master thread
Old Jun 8, 2022, 12:58 pm
giodeez

Originally Posted by VegasGambler
Just do it as a flight change rather than a cancellation and rebook. There's no wait and no intermediate voucher; the old ticket is used to pay for the new one.

I did this the other day. AFAICT you need to use the desktop website. App and mobile site don't offer the "change" option, only "cancel" (at least, I couldn't find it). Using the "request desktop site" option on your mobile browser is sufficient.
Tried to change this flight yesterday and found out it couldn't be changed online. Waited a few hours for a callback and then found that changing the shortest (American Eagle regional) flight on a 6 flight round trip was going to cost me $6000. Now I'm looking at entirely different itineraries and I'm not super confident in being able to handle that smoothly over the phone. If I could change my flight online, I think this would be a good option but whatever it is about the flight I booked (on AA.com) I'm not allowed to make changes online.