FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Double Tier Points on British Airways Holidays bookings [*now inc FROM USA*]
Old Jun 7, 2022, 2:16 pm
danmushman

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Dorowilson
You should be correct but I checked again the small print on the OneWorld website where it refers to lounge access by tier status. I hope I’m wrong and it’s out of date, but I don’t think so. I’m checking Emerald, obviously, as I’m BAEC Gold. It says there are certain exceptions listed below. At the bottom of the page they refer to the lite fares as being excluded. Nowhere does it say that status overrules that. Indeed it seems from their small print that the limitations of these fares overrule status!
This is slight off topic. But what I think you're reading from the website is just the exclusion of business 'lite' fares for AY and QR - but that has no reference to OW status. You will get lounge access as OW Emerald or Sapphire on any OW ticket - from the lowest economy upwards.
I travelled via HEL last month on AY Business Lite / OW Sapphire and had access to the AY lounge (very nice). In fact it even confirmed on the boarding pass which lounge I could access and where it was located.