FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Consolidated] "I need XXX UA PQPs/PQFs in 2022 for Elite Status in 2023"
Old Jun 7, 2022, 11:06 am
jsloan
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by nmenaker
Quick question and sorry if this is the wrong thread.. I did do a search to try and find something more applicable but failed..so MANY PQF sand PQP threads!.

Having not really needed to do any mileage running for years, what with airfares as high as they are (and buying much more premium cabin seating than historical) I have a question about buying and paying for United metal tickets on a qualifying credit card and buying and paying for tickets and FLYING.. My wife is doing a lot more travel these days than I and I’m thinking about putting all HER tickets on MY Quest card for mileage earning and hopefully, PQP earning to one (my) account.. If I buy the tickets but I am NOT the one flying, do the PQP $$ spent count towards MY PQP earning requirement this year to hit Plainium (currently 10K$) where I’m already at $5300 on spend but all those tickets and flights were my spend for my AND her flights (traveling together)

Does the PQP spend on a qualifying credit card accrued to the account associated with the credit card regardless of if that person/mileage plus account is the one doing the actual flying?

I know I had I think a FOUR PQF requirement listed, but of course have fulfilled that already and will do SOME additional flying but not another 20 PQF…so I’m targeting what appears to be a PQP of 10K instead to qualify for Platinum

TIA for any response and MOD feel free to move this if you think there is a better suited thread
PQP for flying goes to the person who flies.

PQP for spend -- 500 PQP per $12K in spending, capped at 1000 for the Explorer and 3000 (IIRC) for the Quest -- goes to the primary account holder on the credit card.