FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 2022 schedule updates - new/cancelled routes, frequency/equipment changes, etc
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:16 am
muskoka

Programs: Aeroplan 25K , UA ,WJ, HA, AMEX AP Reserve
Originally Posted by ywgckp
It's been variable - some winters they've had a widebody of some sort to Hawaii, some years they haven't. They have had 787s the last two years, but I think that was due to a surplus of them not being used on other international routes, and issues with the MAX.

As of now I don't think they have any scheduled widebody routes this winter, and if I had to guess, I'd say that's unlikely to change.
There is only one flight per day loaded in the schedule YVR-HNL and YVR-OGG which depart around 8 a.m up until mid Dec when the afternoon flights begin. All flights are currently listed as 7M8's Last year the evening flights were operated with 789's. The direct YYC-OGG flights begin mid Dec as well- using 7M8s. Only good thing is we get an 8 am departure getting in to OGG at 12 pm. Looks like all Hawaii flights including YVR-KOA and the two a day YVR-HNL and YVR-OGG that start in Dec are 7M8s.
Whether we will see 789s at all is a question due to the reasons stated by the poster above. Keep our fingers crossed.

Last edited by muskoka; Jun 7, 2022 at 4:15 pm