FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BWC ends at midnight tonight (7-JUN)
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 10:16 am
FlightDetective

Programs: BA Gold, Mucci
Originally Posted by fluffymitten
Just seen on HfP Instagram feed that bookings made after midnight tonight will NOT be covered by the Booking With Confidence policy
You know, I love Book With Confidence and have been booking virtually all my travel through BA because of it. Not only has it been a good policy, but it all works really well from a technical standpoint with BA, which can't be said for other airlines. Until the pandemic, I had never cancelled a flight - being a leisure traveller, I book when I am definitely going. It has been a godsend in the last two years though, protecting my money very well, so that I have lost nothing when airlines and Governments have changed the rules.

While I was initially sad to read this, it's no big deal as there's only a few months left until 30 September anyway and as I book ahead I'm already booking further out than that. Everything within the window is already booked, so it's no big deal personally.

Would have loved it to stay permanently though... but now, instead, I am using BA Holidays to make deposits and pay it closer in. Something I'd also never ever used or done before the pandemic... it's actually very handy to pay off expensive business class flights, even if it does have to have a car or hotel added for at least one day.