FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Aegean messed up my ticket
View Single Post
Old Jun 7, 2022, 7:48 am
ckx2

Programs: LH HON
Aegean messed up my ticket

I'm currently dealing with Aegean to re-instate my ticket to it's original (and booked) form, with little to no help from Aegean despite them messing up my ticket in the first place.

Booked a return trip from Dusseldorf (DUS) to Paros (PAS) via Athens (ATH) for two, including an infant a couple of months back. Last week I've called A3 to inquire about purchasing an extra seat for the infant (17 months old). Been told that the flight has been sold out (EF still shows availability, but I didn't dig in deeper) and that maybe there's a possibility for the inbound flight, but we'd be called back as the agent didn't know how to price it correctly. Call back never occured and we put it aside.

Fast forward to yesterday - received an email stating the following:

"Dear passenger,

Following our previous communication, kindly contact us again at +302106261000, as additional clarifications regarding your case are needed.

Yours Sincerely,

The AEGEAN and Olympic Air Call Center"

Alrighty. Not sure what exactly is going on, but having checked our PNR I couldn't even look it up anymore (at least not with my name). Second pax last name + PNR worked to get into manage my booking and et voila, both myself and the infant have vanished from the booking completly. Just one pax on the PNR.
What has followed since then are approx. five calls with different agents and more than six hours spend on the phone (75% of that time waiting for someone).

Apparently someone did touch the ticket and instead of pricing an extra seat, removed the infant and myself from the ticket entirely. First agent didn't even see an issue until I told her, that the original booking was for two adults, one infant. Supervisor stepped in and confirmed that I currently do not hold any sort of booking at all and the original flight is full. I have been promised a call back by the end of yesterday. Guess what happened - yup, nothing.

Been on the phone for hours today trying to get myself back on that plane, but according to A3, the flight is sold out (EF confirms Y0). No one can really explain what is or was going on and how this happened in the first place. I'm not interested in a refund (which the computer says no to as it's not a refundable fare) - I just want to get back on that flight. Alternative routings are not available either (e.g. via FRA). There's also no availability on the flight the next day, unless I'd like to have a 13 hour layover in Athens.

We're still seven days out, so haven't lost all hope yet. Still baffled as this is pretty much the first time any of my tickets have been messed up so badly.