FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Charged $437 For Purchasing 35K Points When Trying to Use a 35K Cert On the Website
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:54 pm
HHonors OUTSIDER

Originally Posted by charlesonmission
What did the agent say when you told them the other agent said to initiate a charge back. Honestly, it seems to be hard to get someone that understands what is going on (I'm very surprised they said to you to initiate a chargeback). Marriott never formally responded to my wife's case to say they made a mistake. Her account is still locked as of now. The social media team here tried to get the relevant team to respond, but no one from Marriott ever responded and it has been about 3 week's now (and she has the new issue of the account being under audit for a second time)

I'm thinking of asking my wife to email one of the Marriott executives tomorrow based on Elliott.org's page. https://www.elliott.org/company-cont...ntact-details/

Does anyone have any other ideas?

Honestly, I'm regretting not just taking the loss of $437 for 35,000 points at this point.... this is getting to be beyond ridiculous.
At this point I would slow down and wait until the account is unlocked. Most of their customer service is a train wreck to a level that I didn't believe was possible.