FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase Hyatt Business Card
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2022, 7:39 pm
Dr Jabadski

Programs: UA LT Gold (BIS), AA LT Plat (CC SUBs & BD), Hilton Dia (CC), Hyatt Glob (BIB), et. al.
Originally Posted by cfabar1
The offer currently is 60k points after 5k spend. I believe before the offer was 75k points? Am I misremembering that?
No, you are not misremembering. 75,000 offer (available until a month or 2 ago) was for $7,500 (10 points/$) spend which if the concern is biggest bang for the buck is arguably worse than current offer of 60,000 for $5,000 spend (12 points/$). It’s conceivable that many people, particularly FT enthusiasts, are more interested in the absolute level of bonus rather than the relative value.

Originally Posted by sonomawine
… It took 4 weeks for them to mail me my card, ...
4 months ago I received my card 10 calendar days after a “modified” instant approval (pending on last application page, account noted in account online 10 minutes later). First statement was 20 days after receipt, 30 days after approval, which allowed me effectively about 2 weeks to hit the spend, a week prior to the first statement, to ensure the bonus on the first statement, to reset the 24 month interval as soon as possible. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, gotta think way ahead of time.

Originally Posted by sonomawine
… allowing only 2 months to hit the spend.
No worries, it’s well documented that many people, probably particularly FT enthusiasts, meet a typical minimum spend within 1 day of approval, sometimes before the physical card is received, if not within an hour or two of card receipt.