FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Best Airline for ATL - AMS (currently)
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2022, 3:14 pm
irishguy28
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by roelb
AMS-JFK or the other way around can be had for 57.5k miles + EUR 260 in business, which is quite a good deal IMHO. You could add on a Skymiles award ticket ATL-JFK on Delta and self-connect at JFK.
I'm not sure that's a helpful suggestion; as I understood it, the OP will be buying a ticket to be purchased by/reimbursed from the employer, from ATL-AMS, and in a class no higher than Economy Comfort (or whatever Delta's premium economy is called). The OP may be thinking of using their own miles to further upgrade this ticket once purchased, but as I understand it, spending their own miles to get the ticket in the first place isn't the goal here - they need to buy a ticket conforming to the employer's restrictions. Given that someone else is paying, I would insist on a direct, non-stop flight. And I don't think many employers would come up with any suggestions on reimbursing an employee who flew on their own personal mileage balance in a manner than the frequent flyer would find acceptable.

Originally Posted by roelb
One disadvantage for Flying Blue award tickets over Skymiles: the EUR 50 redeposit fee.
This fee is currently waived.

A greater disadvantage for Flying Blue award tickets is the almost total absence of any Delta flights available for redemption.