FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - A trip to an old new world
View Single Post
Old Jun 6, 2022, 9:05 am
offerendum
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some
Claude Bosi at Bibendum

Claude Bosi was on my list for quite some time, but somehow it didn't work out. Bseonders had always irritated me the windows in the dining room, but about that later. This time it was time (especially since my favorite restaurant Claire Smith had no table free).
Claude Bosi is no stranger to London, he previously cooked at Hibiscus where he had 2 Michelin stars. Since 2017 he has his restaurant in the Michelin house on Fulham Road, also here he has 2 Michelin stars.
Even from the outside, the building is very pretty and you can see the distinctive windows.

In the front area is the Oyster Bay, there is a separate entrance to the restaurant.

A staircase leads to the second floor with the restaurant. Unfortunately, I do not have a photo of the large window from the inside, but it is really a very nice room.

There is an a la carte menu (3 courses 145 GBP), the Tasting of Season menu with 9 courses (175 GBP - also vegetarian) and the Classic menu with 7 courses (195 GBP). Cheese is in both version 18 GBP extra. It's a little strange that the "larger menu" costs £20 less than the "small" one, but there you go. We took the Classic menu as the pescetarian version. Here is the lineup:

A little cake and a mocktail.

Miniature tastes.

Bibendum egg

It is one of the most famous dishes and despite its size is quite complex. Of course, the egg cup in the hoop design was cool.
In general, the tableware and especially the silver pieces are exceptional. Here times the salt and pepper shakers.

The bread also comes with a very unusual butter plate.

Such trifles, of course, make the dinner even more interesting, but the food also kept up.
White Asparagus

An incredibly fresh and tasty dish, especially the spiked cream was a dream. Really a perfect dish.
Cornish halibut

Also a good and coherent dish.
Monkfish

The monkfish was very strongly seasoned, some may even find it too spicy. I found it very good.
I then still decided to go for the cheese. There was a decent selection.

Buttermilk

A nice pre-dessert, but now also nothing of which I would have to eat infinitely.
Bibendum double chocolate soufflé.

Like the egg, it's probably one of the restaurant's most famous dishes, and it was not only outstandingly presented, but incredibly good. For me, the best soufflé I've had in a while. Provided you like chocolate, make sure to definitely go for the soufflé.
Petit fours

I was really taken with our food, I thought it was better than in the skit and Helen Darroze. But what you can not hide is that the prices are quite high in relation. It is certainly not a cheap pleasure.
As a farewell, a view of the building.