FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rights when giving up seat for friend
View Single Post
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:54 am
corporate-wage-slave
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyingmonkie
Thanks as ever CWS. That's very reassuring.

And just to clarify I was referring to EU261 IDB protection rather than delay compensation.
Ah ok, I was wondering since it only looked 10 minutes or so late to me. Have the gate said anything yet? I see 20B, 26D, 27C and 32C available, plus any staff travel can result in them going to jump seats . For IDB, there is usually a voluntary scheme which is nearly as good as IDB, so I would hope they give you that, though the CE / ET bit is problematic here. They are supposed to do volunteers first, and if the gate is aware of a childcare issue they are supposed to find someone else anyway. I'd be checking for hotels under £200 at this point (and probably resisting PSA booking something for you).

(I realise this is a Finnair wet lease so that would prevent BA staff going on jump seats as I understand it)