FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Any Feedback/Reviews on current food choices?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:35 am
tr3k

Ok, so LIS-EWR was weird. The main FA was a guy who seemed to be channeling mr. Bean (not in a funny way, though - more like inept yet unaware).

- First, no menus at the seat. I went to the bathroom, and on the way back through the galley another FA informs me that "meat dish was not loaded" and the choices are "fish" or "pasta". I ask to take a look at the pasta, see 4 dried out cafeteria ravioli on a plate and, of course, opt for fish (as it was quite good the last time)

- Back at the seat, get ready for my meal, and the FA plops in front of me a plate that contains 3 giant very raw looking octopus tentacles. My face was probably pretty long when I saw these. Octopus most decidedly is not a "fish" - neither in biological, nor in culinary sense. No more than it is a "chicken", at least. Very few things I don't eat - but octopus is one of them. 1. it tastes like rubber to me and 2. they are at least the second (and, possibly, the first) most intelligent life on our planet.

- Asked to change to "pasta" - FA grumbled about may be running out of it, but finally produced a plate. Photo attached. Ravioli were filled with either squash or sweet potato - can't be sure. (BTW - don't think anyone in the cabin opted for the octopus).

- Bread choice this time consisted only of basic sliced bread, no rolls.

- Dessert was ok-ish.

So, next time TAP FA offers you "fish" - make sure that fish does not come with tentacles. Sorry, no photo of the octopus.