FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Passenger Accuses Airport Security of Inappropriate Conduct
Old Nov 25, 2004, 7:19 pm
PhlyingRPh
Suspended

Programs: UA/CO(1K-PLT), AA(PLT), QR, EK, Marriott(PLT), Hilton(DMND)
Basically, it's none of your business if I'm carrying over 10 grand in my carryon on a domestic flight. I don't mind a friendly reminder like, "remember, if you've got more than $10,000 in there and you are leaving the country, you've got to declare it". But telling the buffoons at HLS???

I hope the rest of you Americans understand that today it is brown skinned, foreign accented people like me being affected by this type of idiotic checking... but tomorrow, it will be you. You should have put a stop to this before it even started. My sincere appologies for being so crude, but if you care about your freedom (that apparently everyone else hates you for!), you should mobilize yourselves politically.

Originally Posted by eyecue
If you have more that 10k And you are going out of the US, you have to declare it. We dont count it. We see a large bulging envelope and check it for prohibited items and finding that it is currency we ask how much is in it. If we are told that it is in excess of 10k then we check to see where they are flying to and notify the appropriate agents (ICE and LEO.) They take it from there.

Last edited by PhlyingRPh; Nov 25, 2004 at 7:21 pm