FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Regency Long Beach REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Jun 4, 2022, 2:39 pm
PTahCha
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Had a 2 night mid-week stay earlier in the week. Check-in was efficient, and the front desk explained the Globalist benefits, which is breakfast from the Market | Bar with an entree, hot drink, and juice. Was pre-blocked into a junior suite with harbor view.

The room size was about 1.5x the normal hotel rooms, so plenty of room. I thought they did a good job with the renovation, although the mattress could used a bit more support. Full bath amenity was available, and was replenished with housekeeping. 2 bottles of water were in the room, which were replenished by Housekeeping, and more are available via the front desk.

Breakfast was interesting, since they had a different description of "entree, coffee, juice, and pastry". Coffee can be regular coffee or an espresso drink. And for juice, you can get standard orange, cranberry, or one of the bottled Naked Juice smoothies. The difference may explain why there was a residual, small breakfast charge on my folio. Also, the restaurant people always ring up a smoothie, regardless of what you picked. Nonetheless, the front desk removed the breakfast charges after pointing out that it was there.

I had the breakfast pizza first day (pizza with crumbled bacon, asiago cheese, and 2 fried eggs on top), which was pretty good but very rich, and a breakfast bowl the second day. Speaking with a knowledgeable F&B employee, the Regency Club is not coming back in the short term.

Self parking was $33/day, and the front desk gives you a parking pass for in-and-out privilege.

Overall, this was a great stay, and would definitely consider again if I need to be in the area.