FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old Jun 3, 2022, 3:41 pm
rgilkes

Originally Posted by mia
Not yet. Thursday night was a Tropical Storm Watch, and Friday is a Tropical Storm Warning, but there is not yet a Named Storm. This may be important in determining which insurance provisions apply. You will need a written statement from the airline explaining why the flights were cancelled. The reason is important.

The Trip Cancellation provision may cover any cost to redeposit the Marriott points, and any money that you lose if the Hyatt will not refund the prepaid nights, but the insurance requires that you notify the hotels. Chase's insurance does not cover Event Tickets.

Trip Delay does not reimburse prepaid expenses, but may reimburse some new expenses you might incur at the airport or a hotel.
Originally Posted by threeoh
Named Storm Warning is one of the covered hazards. Another is "Severe Weather" with a bunch of qualifiers, the complete terms are in the post immediately upthread which I will quote here:
Thank you both for the responses. It looks like our rescheduled flight may actually make it out this evening. Since the trip would technically not be entirely cancelled (only my original flight), will trip delay or cancellation coverage still allow me to claim the amount it would cost for me to recoup the 35k pts lost for the single award night I missed?