FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 25, 2004, 4:08 pm
RTWSTARALLIANCE

Programs: UA GS/4 MM, AA Exec Plat, Lifetime Hilton D, Hyatt G, Marriott Titanium earned Ambassador
Without doubt. My report would not have been glowing had it not been for the Grand Club upgrade. The Hotel is a good 7 minute walk to the Wan Chai MTR Station. So it is not like being at the Conrad or Island which are atop Pacific Place and the Admiralty MTR stop. I think alot of it was timing. Such as this being Thanksgiving in the States and not many Americans being here. I have only spoken to two Americans in the Club. So other than us and our friends we are it.

I checked in for out second reservation yesterday around 3:00 PM. Once again receiving exceptional service from the Grand Club staff.

As a reminder a local call may be placed from the Hotel courtesy phones without charge. So to avoid the call charges in the room head in our case for the Club. I purchased a $50 HKD calling card from a exchange booth. Good for 150 minutes to the States. Used it at the Club.

All and all the Hotel is spectacular. We've been over to the Mandarin Oriental and Hyatt Regency. Neither compare. The Lobby of this Hotel is something. The views from the bar above the Lobby of the skyline are something.