FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Canopy by Hilton Dubai Al Seef {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Jun 3, 2022, 2:22 am
The _Banking_Scot
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Hi

arrived at the hotel at 830am from London.taxi was 50 and from the airport and was able to get a room then although it is a standard city view room.
Room is however very good is quiet from outside noise and is cool.
Good fridge also.
small nespresso machine and kettle provided
Walked al sef at 930am and by the time I returned I needed to change my shirt

pool on 7th floor offers great views of the creek and towards the burk Khalifa and the dubai frame.
Pool is very shallow at one end but deepens at the other end

Pool is cold when first getting in but you get used to it
so for so good.

Regards

tbs
pool is getting a bit if shade at 1730 currently as the sun is behind the pool columns but will get more sun in a few minutes as the sun sets.

The lifeguards say the pool closes at sunset so around 1900 just now. Bit of a breeze makes it more pleasant than earlier.

The welcome gift was delivered earlier.

The shower is good but the placing of the lights and the mirror puts one side of your face in a bit if shade when shaving.

A lot of al seef seems closed or unoccupied but will wander down towards sunset.

Walked to burjuman shopping centre which is large and has a lot of shops and a large food court. There is a large carrefour hypermarket in the mall also
In the evening more water bottles and bathroom amenities were provided but not a full turndown service

Al seef is still quiet at dusk but lots of people walking the promenade watching the dinner cruises sail past all lit up . Area by curio Hotel more active. Still very warm but the heat is less oppressive

Gym on the 4th floor overlooks the creek with great views of the boats.
Limited weights but good number of cycles and treadmills etc.
Corridor from the lift to gym felt a increase in temperature and gym a bit too warm for me for an active work out
Spa closes at 10pm

Room was dark quiet and cool and had a good night's sleep bed was comfortable
breakfast was very good and free for me.
​​​​large selection of Western and Arabic dishes.
egg station outside and waffles pancakes also available.
Juices were orange , watermelon and lemon mint.

Only negative was the coffee which both from the barista and the machine had a bitter aftertaste.

pool is quiet at 0950 but getting busier now at noon.
Lifeguards very friendlfriend put up the umbrellas if you want.

Occasional helicopters passing closes but higher up..
depending on the wind direction you can see planes climb out or on finals to dxb
Alcoholic drinks available from the pool bar. Prices reasonable for use ie mai tai at aed 55 ( about 20 aed cheaper than conrad iirc)

Regards

Tbs

housekeeping had not turned up by 6pm so phoned up and they came at 610 pm just as I was going onto the shower but asked them to come back in 15mins as I was walking alseef and when I was back at 845pm room was clean.
gym temperature was still warm but much better than the previos night as the ac was on full blast.
cafe latte was better and less bitter than the first morning
if you want to charge items to your room make sure check in adds a deposit otherwise you cannot charge anything and have to go down to reception to make a deposit.
laundry is cheap but received a phone call this morning saying there was no room credit so had to go to reception to settle things.

No problem with a 2pm late check out.

Breakfast a lot busier today at 0900 Sunday compared to yesterday. However I did see a sign last night outside the entrance that breakfast for Hampton guests ( Hampton is next door) is in the canopy so there may be Hampton guests also ( and good news for Hampton guests if they get a canopy breskfast(

pool at 0950 empty with more great views of the creek and dubai frame and burj Khalifa. Less haze than yesterday and also less breeze

Last edited by The _Banking_Scot; Jun 5, 2022 at 12:38 am