FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Grand Hyatt Hong Kong REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Nov 25, 2004, 1:33 pm
smilee

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA Gold LT
Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
Room: The room is a ok size. With the best being made of space. A full view and nice bathroom with separate shower and bathtub. The room is well maintained with tv, dvd, fax, hsia at cost, day chair, working desk with chair and just nice touches.
I also would have taken a smoking room if that meant you could get Regency Club Lounge access. Unfortunately from what I have read lately it is pretty tough to get club access, as a diamond I certainly have never had a club level room.

The lounge at this hotel is excellent, the view, the food and the atmosphere are top notch which is why so many diamonds are disappointed if they don't get it. The breakfast voucher does not come close by any stretch of the imagination to being equal to RC access.

Did you enjoy your diamond ammenity? Ha ha

I am sure your glowing report would have been very different if you did not get club access.

Originally Posted by RTWSTARALLIANCE
I did contact the Gold Passport Concierge regarding our reservation. I only wanted the GH HKG to act in good faith to extend Diamond benefits.
I agree it is a terrific hotel where I chose to stay for part of my honeymoon (of course not on a club floor - but that was Ok as back then you still got RC) and I am glad to hear that some diamonds are getting RC access when rooms available.

Last edited by smilee; Nov 25, 2004 at 1:39 pm