FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - DIY Aqaba and Petra from Israel
View Single Post
Old Jun 1, 2022, 6:34 pm
iahphx
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by coolbeans202
The Wadi Araba border crossing is actually a selectable location on the Avis website, so I imagine you could just select that as your drop off point. I booked that as the pickup/drop off but then did some research and found out there isn't actually a physical Avis presence there, so I emailed the Avis office at [email protected] and they were like "just call us when you know your arrival time and we'll meet you there." I have no idea what would've happened if I just showed up...

I have to say, the whole border crossing experience was pretty cool. As alluded to upthread, it's a dusty border crossing and when we went across there weren't many people (though I understand it can get busy). It was a bit of a surreal experience, almost out of a movie.

Thanks. As a President's Circle member, I'm trying to go with Avis but their rates are uncompetitive, even with codes I use in the USA. But they had a good rate through rentalcars.com that I'm waiting to be confirmed. If it's confirmed, I will email the office and try to get some assistance. I'd like them to pick me up at the Hyatt and drop me at the border when I leave. That would save me money and hassle!