FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 31, 2022, 6:08 pm
777 global mile hound
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Originally Posted by Matt4200
I feel like 99% of people who travel to Hawaii definitely don’t care about the gym when going to a resort/destination property. That would be well below even what phone type is in the room (which doesn’t matter at all).

You also didn’t address the 33% cost increase/differential which is very significant for every 3 nights staying at the Regency vs. the Centric you’ve literally paid for the cost of a full additional night there (or 3 Nights at a Cat 1 property).
Wouldn't say your statistics are accurate by any means but understand your point generally
I didn't feel the need to bring up any cost differential as rates are fluid and vary greatly year round.In particular as one example
in just the last 60 days some airfares doubled hitting all time highs including those for redemption's
Hyatt Regency was identical when I booked @ 200 dollars a night which I consider fully fair for the property.If I booked a few weeks before arrival
that would have been closer to 300
I wouldn't tend to use points for The Regency bad value IMO as for the Centric I've never seen rooms for points anytime for a standard room unless
they are baiting the guest for extra points to a suite
or some other scam like business behavior to avoid WOH members from redeeming for a standard room.