FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Loyalty Points discussion/questions - From 2022 now used for determining elite status
Old May 31, 2022, 5:54 pm
VegasGambler
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JMN57
For me, before LPs I didn't need to figure out how $'s split among segments to get to EQM and figuring out how RDMs split across segments was relatively easy.
You needed to figure out how to split money to figure out both EQD and RDM if one of the segments was AA marketed and one was not, just as you do now for RDM and LP. You say that figuring out how RDM were split was "relatively easy"; it's the exact same thing you have to do now. Nothing has changed in this regard.

Your problem is that one of the segments is going to post by fare and the other is going to post by distance. That would have lead to the exact same issue last year when calculating EQD and RDM.

So, while there is less to track, calculating the less is more complex.
No, it's identical. See above.

I had a spreadsheet that easily calculated EQM, EQS & EQD going back, for flown segments, and forward for remaining trips that worked pretty well.
If you can calculate what the EQD would have been on the AA marketed segment last year, you are done. Multiply by whatever your multiplier is for your status (just like you would have for RDM last year) and that's what the AA marketed segment earns. The other segment will earn by distance; that's simple.

It makes no sense to say the figuring out RDM was easy last year and figuring out LP is hard this year. They are exactly the same.