FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hyatt Centric Waikiki REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old May 31, 2022, 3:45 pm
Matt4200

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 777 global mile hound
I did the Regency last week they don't game award rooms and they have a proper restaurant with some kind team members
some of have been there many years.
The club though popular isn't my favorite but free access for Globs

What I like best about the Hyatt Regency is their unconditional commitment to make the guest happy at all costs.
They were incredibly thoughtful leaving upon arrival a 4 pack of ice cold sparkling water (my favorite brand) and a number of snacks
(not to my liking I left them all behind) Its the thought that counts
Perhaps this was due to being a lifetime Glob and staying over 20 years there
When I didn't care for the breakfast one morning they allowed me to use the restaurant as an exception
They couldn't honor 4PM check out as its a busy resort(not a guarantee @ resorts) but moved me to a less desirable view to stay in until I wished to check out
Skip the Centric IMHO nice enough hotel but they take advantage of their guests every chance they can get.
When they did have breakfast @ Centric it was just fair at best
My two cents
I feel like your sentiment is very different as a LTG compared to the average traveler or even the average Globalist.

The Centric is much newer whereas the Regency is a much older outdated property.

The Centric is definitely a more singles or couples property whereas if traveling with kids I’d definitely have to favor the Regency.

Price which is a major factor especially when traveling to destinations like Hawaii. The Regency when booking with points costs 33% more than the Centric, being an older property and less of a relaxing vibe I would have to argue that the cost differential just is not worth it.

However, IF you’re a Globalist AND you are paying cash AND the cash rate at the Regency is similar or lower than the Centric then in that one scenario I would argue on behalf of staying at the Hyatt Regency. I specifically would only recommend it for Globalists in this scenario though due to Club Access and Breakfast.