FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 13 days in Korea
View Single Post
Old May 31, 2022, 12:50 pm
hermesN

13 days in Korea

Hi all,

We have a 13-day trip booked for S.Korea in December, 2022. We will be travelling as a group of 4 (including one 4-yr old and one senior). I've dug through some older threads on here, and the recommendations seem to be mostly Seoul, Busan, DMZ, Jeju Island etc.

Typically, we don't like to rush on our travels so we'd rather vist 2-3 regions and spend a longer time at each rather than try and hit 5-6 spots and move every 2 days. I keep reading that Jeju is the "Hawaii of Korea" and no offense to Hawaii or Jeju, but that makes it less appealing to us since living in NA, Hawaii is more easily accessible to us than Korea so we'd be looking at visiting areas that give us uniquely Korean experiences than a place in Korea that is like Hawaii. Is this a realistic comparison or is it overblown? For example right now, Gyeongju sounds more appealing than Jeju on paper.

We are interested in culture, history, food and sports. Although my wife and I would love to check out the nightlife, I suspect our opportunities for that will be limited somewhat travelling with a 4 yr old and an older parent. Any recommendations on where we should go/what we should see/eat/experience would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance!