FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Problems paying for Vietnam Evisa?
View Single Post
Old May 30, 2022, 2:38 pm
plunet

Programs: BAEC
The standard that is probably being required here is probably aligned to the EUs Payment Services Directive 2, also known as PSD2. The very disparate nature of the card payments industry in the US with many 100s of acquiring banks verses typically a handful in most other countries means that making changes to payments in the US is a very slow process. Most of your cards still don't support chip and pin, it's still chip and signature...

If your bank in the US doesn't support this kinda tech, look for newer more nimble modern banks who are generally fully virtual and app based, and can probably issue you with a virtual card number almost immediately once your application is approved. For example I personally opened an account in the UK with Chase, completely in their app, I had my account approved and card number issued within 15mins of applying for the account. Do banks like Monzo or Revolt operate in the US?

There maybe options to get virtual cards issued alongside other payment systems like PayPal or Wise (formerly TransferWise)... I have named a couple of companies there but not sure if they do this, similar modern payments businesses may have some options