FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The smallest US or Canadian border checkpoint you've ever used.
Old May 30, 2022, 1:00 pm
i0wnj00

Programs: UA, AS, Volaris, VivaAerobús
Richford, VT,
Dec 23, 2005

At the time, I had recently moved to Vermont and my mother lived in Quebec. I wanted to use this route away from the 133 since it was closer to my mothers other house in Vermont so I choose the one in Richford.
But on my first attempt at Richford POE in my SUV with California plates. He questioned my CA plates and told him I'll deal with it when I felt like it. He ran the MRZ and flipped through my passport and told me to park my car where it was, in front of his station (and blocking one lane) and told me to follow him inside the station. At his desk, he was again flipping through my passport and was interested in my travels to the Russian Federation, UK, Japan, Malaysia, and Thailand and was interested what I did for a living. It was just me and him sitting across from each other for 30 minutes. During this chat, I told him " I was busy" as to why my passport had a bunch of stamps and a visa from the Russian Federation. No messing around with computers like they do nowdays, no touching my car, he was just looking through my passport and a chat at the beginning of primary to secondary.

He stopped bothering me after subsequent passes...

These days if you're going chat with a CBP officer in secondary, they are going to be tying stuff into their computers and it's going to be more formal, with customer service desk like setting...

If that same officer saw me to today, he's going to see a lot of entries from Mexico, a lot...

Last edited by i0wnj00; May 30, 2022 at 1:12 pm