FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Pro-active Online Upgrade (POUG) tracking and discussion | 2022 / 23 thread
Old May 30, 2022, 7:20 am
RichieMc

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by ermis177
It's nothing to do with being stingy or optimistic. It's about value for money. BA PE is currently offering a slighty better seat ( as most of the PE prodcuts) and a better first meal. IMO that does not worth more than £200 and i have done a few PE products ( Eva, Lufthansa, Air Canada and more). I always paid between £150-£200. Let's not forget it a better economy seat and not really something between economy and business.
I meant it's optimistic to hope to get an offer for under £200. It won't happen. As an aside, there's also little evidence of BA offering anyone WT -> CW at £300 for a flight to the west coast. Most here would bite your hand off if you offered that on LX, LH or AC for Y->J.

Value for money is a personal choice. And I guess it also might depend on what one paid for the ticket in the first place. Plenty of people would rather spend £300 on a nice meal at their destination. PE cabin is the one most likely to be full. So enough people are willing to pay what the asking price to fill it. If I were 6'4" with a bad back and I had a spare £339, I'd likely take it.