FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Need assistance with Star Alliance strategy please
Old May 28, 2022, 5:01 pm
alimaj

Originally Posted by angetenar
Are you looking for a strategy for long term *A flying, or just where to credit these flights?

Additional helpful information: what do your normal flight patterns look like? Do you usually fly economy or business? Where do you fly? What do you want out of a rewards program? Do you have any preferred airlines?
I think I am looking for a longer term strategy on how to get the most out of Star Alliance for my situation.

I want to upgrade or buy business class tickets with my miles. I like lounge access and free checked bags of course.
I have been flying pretty often Once a month. sometimes back to the states but lately it has been Central America and the Caribbean. I try to fly business (lie flat seats) for all flights over 6 hours (this is a newish goal). Which is most flights from Buenos Aires to anywhere not in S. America. Next year I will have more flights to Europe and hopefully another to Africa

I dont love Avianca but they do have some great fares out of S. America. I am giving Copa business class a try for ,my trip in Aug.