FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to spending Avios | 2021 edition
Old May 28, 2022, 5:54 am
rosenkavalier

Originally Posted by Globaliser
First awards will become increasingly rare as the number of First seats being operated by BA continues to decrease. This has long been predicted, from well before Covid started. Covid will only have made it worse.
I am also looking for BA premium cabin award space for the west coast from the summer onwards but can find hardly anything. Looking at SFO, SJC, LAX, SEA, SAN in both F and CW, I see only random dates in November and December in CW and basically nothing in F. I understand that there is much less capacity in F now, but didn't BA promise to make a certain number of CW redemptions available on every flight? I am willing to compromise on the sky-high fuel surcharges and LHR premium cabin airport taxes for increased availability, but now that there is hardly any space, Avios seem to be quite worthless...
I am even looking at space in the next 7-14 days just to check if they release last-minute award inventory like many other airlines, but nothing comes up either.
Other than booking way in advance or last minute, being flexible, checking multiple destinations, what other strategies are there to redeem for premium cabin west coast flights?