FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AA schedule changes - flight change / cancellation / refund policy (consolidated)
Old May 27, 2022, 9:09 am
anabolism

Programs: AA (EP), Hilton (Diamond), Marriott Bonvoy (Titanium)
Originally Posted by jumpingbean421
I have a 6:45pm LAX to LHR flight with one hour layover to BA flight to EDI. I want to move the LAX leg to the earlier 3:50pm flight. I’ve been told that they cannot reprice this since the EDI flight is BA and fully booked. Is there any way to move the flight? Should I try to go to the airport early to see? I’m EXP (and would like to use a SWU if possible too)
One hour is a barely legal connection (EF shows 1:30 as MCT for all international inbound flights to LHR but there's an exception for BA at T5 of one hour.) If there was a schedule change to any of your flights (inbound or outbound), then it should be very easy to get switched to the earlier flight for free (even exchange) as an involuntary change. If there wasn't a schedule change, you can plead your case that the connection is too tight, especially with longer secuity lines due to COVID (you will need to reclear security). Since you are EXP, what I'd suggest is to send AA a Twitter DM. If you haven't DMed them before, mention that you are EXP. In the DM, give the PNR, say you have an illegal connection in LHR and to fix it please move you to the earlier 3:50 flight LAX-LHR.

Last edited by anabolism; May 27, 2022 at 9:53 am Reason: Double-checked MCT