FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Chase cards Trip Cancellation/Interruption/Delay insurance benefits (2020-2023)
Old May 27, 2022, 7:20 am
threeoh

Originally Posted by jackkyxu
I have a question about the qualification of trip delay insurance when there is an extended delay

I have a round-trip ticket DFW-PVG-DFW, now I am stuck in PVG since flight was cancelled due to crew/equipment availability, and I am rescheduled to a week later

I am wondering whether this scenarios is eligible for trip delay insurance since the delay is a week long

thanks
I don't see why this wouldn't qualify. You're capped at $500 per person, though, so it probably won't cover all of your expenses.

American should pay for hotel at destination city -- it's home city they usually don't pay hotel.

"Delays caused by us
If the disruption is our fault or you're diverted to another city, and we don't board before 11:59 p.m. local time on your scheduled arrival day, we'll arrange an overnight stay or cover the cost of an approved hotel, if available. We don’t guarantee reimbursement for hotel expenses if you book directly without written authorization from American Airlines."

https://www.aa.com/i18n/customer-ser...f-carriage.jsp