FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Standard Ticket magically became Basic
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2022, 2:51 pm
JDB777

Programs: Aeroplan
Question Standard Ticket magically became Basic

Hi,

First off, very sorry if this has been addressed. I did look. But I've never seen this before and neither have the agents we've spoken to. Asking on behalf of a colleague, I got dragged in to help as I'm the frequent flyer/Aeroplan guru on my team.

Essentially, my colleague booked a standard return ticket, YYZ-LHR. Her confirmation email clearly shows this...both flights are Economy - Standard. But today, if you log in, both flights show as Economy-Basic, denying her the opportunity to upgrade and possibly screwing up her seat selection (check-in is coming up soon). The ticket number and booking reference match. She booked through the AC app directly. No travel agents or anything weird. She received no communication about a change.

No one at AC can/will do anything; they claim she has always had a basic fare and needs to reach out to customer relations, which she has, but as always they won't respond until long after she has flown. Twitter support says it's nothing they've ever seen before and can't help. I am totally stumped. I thought I'd seen everything but I've never had my class of fare messed with, other than pretty ordinary upgrades/downgrades.

If anyone has seen anything like this or has any ideas, I'd love to hear them. Again, sorry if this is covered elsewhere.