FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - New EWR C123 UC has opened - 19 May 2022
View Single Post
Old May 24, 2022, 11:17 am
goldelite8

Programs: United Premier 1K; Alaska MVP 75K; Hilton Honors Diamond; Hertz Pres Circle
I was here last Friday evening, which might have been the craziest I have seen EWR in a very long time. Nearly every flight was either delayed or cancelled and the place was simply chaotic. I thought the new UC would be a place of refuge from the terminal but I was very, very wrong. Despite it being the second day the lounge was open, I thought it was in pretty rough shape by the end of the day. There was garbage everywhere, the floors were already scuffed and, as others noted, there were bugs flying around the (much improved) food. The coffee bar had run out of items, the customer service desk was completely overwhelmed with just two agents at the desk (about a one hour wait to speak to someone) and the loud gate alarms were going off literally every ten seconds, as others have described. I also used a shower suite only to realize (in the middle of my shower) that the soap dispenser was completely empty. I recognize that it was a crazy day but UA has got a lot of work to do to make sure they can keep the quality of the experience under control when it's busy.