FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - San Diego Hotels - Consolidated Questions & Recommendations Thread
Old May 24, 2022, 9:13 am
hermitw

Originally Posted by Mats
I'm headed to San Diego in mid-July: Friday through Sunday. I'm visiting one friend, but it's really just to get away for the weekend, clear my head.

I'd previously stayed at the Inter-Continental. I could score a suite for $600-ish and use an Ambassador free weekend night. It was a great deal.
That type of value is gone; it's now $1300, which seems steep. The room is nice; it's not earth shattering.
The SpringHill Suites and Residence Inn across the street were each about $550 per night, so that didn't seem like a particularly excellent deal.

I liked the view of the water and how quiet and spacious the room was. The rest was entirely immaterial. I could easily go to La Jolla or anywhere else (perhaps not Tijuana.)
I'm not really going for any nightlife, dining, or spa experiences. We'll probably hang out and have Uber Eats or equivalent.

My only other experience was with the Palomar, which was noisy and had no view of the water. Since I live in the desert, the view of the water is a major selling point.

I am a Platinum with Bonvoy, Diamond with Hilton, and Ambassador with IHG. I have no status with Hyatt.

I may well end-up at the I-C, but I welcome your recommendations. I'm looking forward to a peaceful weekend with a view of H20.
I am planning to stay at Palomar with Chase free night. Do you know their policy regarding amenity fee? Thanks!