FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Your guide to the Executive Club, attaining status and earning Avios | 2022 edition
Old May 24, 2022, 2:53 am
Globaliser
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by thebilly_b
I've flown all the flights I need to retain my status at the reduced rate of 1125 TP. However, as some of the flights are on Qantas, they have not credited and I am currently chasing them down manually (which seems to be a common issue for many people). As such, I am currently short of my renewal target by a few hundred TP.

Given the time it can take to credit partner flights, and Qantas' own issues, there is a possibility these flights won't be credited in time for my year end. However, if they do credit in time, will my new expiry date be extended until September 2024 (taking advantage of the reduced TP threshold), or will it stay the same? And conversely, if they don't credit in time, will they go towards next year's target of 1500, or will they be retrospectively credited to my previous year?
Those 1,125 TPs earned in the 2021-22 year, including those QF flights, have no effect on whether your Gold is renewed for 2022-23. It has been, so you are Gold until 30 September 2023 regardless of when (or even whether) the QF flights credit. If they do credit this year, they will not extend your Gold until September 2024 - they would in theory count towards you being Gold in 2022-23, which you don't actually need to earn any TPs for (as it has turned out).

Similarly, they have no effect on whether you will be Gold in 2023-24. Even if the missing flights are credited after 9 August 2022, they will still count in the 2021-22 year.