FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Service Cuts?
View Single Post
Old May 23, 2022, 12:41 pm
applegrcoug

Programs: UA, AS
Originally Posted by Calculon
I think it's unlikely that they're going to keep places like EAT or YKM at one per day long-term (well... depends on the definition of long, I guess), or leave those cities entirely. But it's going to be hard to hang on to elites in those Horizon-only cities with such a minimal schedule. Once you start having to drive to SEA/PAI from EAT or SEA/PSC from YKM, they will have other options and understandably less trust in AS/QX. Just maintaining their status becomes an annoying and expensive proposition.
My brother was supposed to fly out on the early flight yesterday from YKM. It was canceled. They "graciously" rebooked him on the afternoon flight. Of course, at that point, he would have missed his engagement. Instead, he and his travel partner huffed it to Seattle, politely told AS where they could shove it and flew on Delta.

We then were talking about the value of one flight per day with a history of cancelations, especially in December and January. At that point, it is a net negative. What if you are going someplace and you need to be there at a given time? You would now need a contingency plan for each booking.