FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Brühl/Cologne/Belgium train help
View Single Post
Old May 22, 2022, 10:18 am
pbiflyer
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hilton Silver
Brühl/Cologne/Belgium train help

The folks here have given some great advice for our upcoming trip. I am trying to book a train trip from Phantasialand to Antwerp on June 6th, arriving into Antwerp around 8pm.

According to google, I can book a Thalys train, but none of the train sites let me do this. So, my options seem to be Bahn.
It seems that the routing would be Brühl -(on RE) Köln Hfb (on S bahn) - Köln-Ehrenfeld - Belgium. That is 254 Euro. But if I start at Köln Hfb or Köln-Ehrenfeld, it is just 214 Euro. I seem to recall that I can get a 24 hour ticket for 5 for 20ish euro. A bit cheaper.
But the real reason I am thinking this is that the transfer time from the S bahn at Köln-Ehrenfeld is only 6 minutes. I really can't miss that connection.
The route is:
Departing Bruhl on RE 5 at 5:15, arriving at Kohl Hfb at 5:28pm,
Departing Köln Hfb on S 19 at 5:40pm, arriving Köln-Ehrenfeld at 5:46pm
Departing Köln-Ehrenfeld at 5:52pm.

It would seem that I could get to Köln Hfb earlier by either taxi or train or tram and get an earlier S bahn to Köln-Ehrenfeld. But it really doesn't give me that option on Bahn.de. Is there a better way to book this?
Could I just book the Köln Hfb and get on any S bahn and figure out the best way to get from Bruhl to there or to Köln Ehrenfeld.
Any advice?