FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Q: Should Marriott get rid of its Ambassador service?
Old May 22, 2022, 4:49 am
MSPeconomist
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Roger Lococco
Same experience here. It was fairly good and certainly useful about 4 or 5 years ago. Particularly when I had special occasion travel.

Nowadays, from reading the replies in this thread I gather maybe it’s supposed to just be a shortcut in resolving Admin issues. Nothing more, nothing less. That’s fine if that’s the case. But then market it and promise it that way.

For context, I’ve been an Ambassador for the past 6 years straight with an average of 200 - 250 Marriott nights a year and in excess of $60k spend per year, even during COVID. Maybe Marriott will go back to the prior Ambassador level service in the future.
I'm confused. The information under your username says that you're Bonvoy Plat (NOT AMB) and were SPG Plat. Five or six years of Ambassador status would normally also be associated with lifetime status. If you're not currently AMB, why do you care whether there is an Ambassador program or not? In fact, even if you're currently AMB, you can just ignore the program without any effect on you, so why are you suggesting that it be eliminated for others?