FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Service Cuts?
View Single Post
Old May 21, 2022, 1:16 pm
Calculon

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by applegrcoug
I noticed it as well.

I also noticed that Pullman maintained their flights as did Missoula, Bend and Medford.

At this point, I think the writing is on the wall for Walla Walla and Yakima in a general effort or final step to "consolidate" air traffic into Pasco. How do you continue to staff and maintain a spot for one flight per day. And that one flight per day is realistically only good for connecting to someplace no further east than Denver. Heck, the two flights per day is already not very convenient. I went to Fresno in March, and it was faster for me to drive the hour and a half to Pasco as opposed to leave from Yakima at 5:30am and sit in SeaTac for five hours.
I think it's unlikely that they're going to keep places like EAT or YKM at one per day long-term (well... depends on the definition of long, I guess), or leave those cities entirely. But it's going to be hard to hang on to elites in those Horizon-only cities with such a minimal schedule. Once you start having to drive to SEA/PAI from EAT or SEA/PSC from YKM, they will have other options and understandably less trust in AS/QX. Just maintaining their status becomes an annoying and expensive proposition.