FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - PHX T2 United Club Closed, UA Moved to T3 on 3 Feb 2020, new T3 UC 27 Sept 2022
Old May 19, 2022, 10:09 am
EWR764

Programs: UA, AA, DL, Hertz, Avis, National, Hyatt, Hilton, SPG, Marriott
Originally Posted by Kacee
I've got to disagree on T3 vs. the old T2. Especially in its last few years, T2 was an absolute dump, with inadequate HVAC, terribly overcrowded gate areas, inadequate restrooms, and awful concessions. The new T3 is really nice and it's also quite compact (especially on the UA/AS side, with slightly longer walks on the DL side). So much better than T4, which is one of the worst major airport experiences in the country IMO. The only real negative for the new T3 is you frequently get longer taxis, since most flights use the southern runways (7/25) for arrivals and departures, whereas the UA gates are on the north side of the airport (as at LAX, DL snagged the best gates for getting in and out quickly).

I did see signs of work (including a big new banner) outside the new UC last week. Have my doubts it will open before my UC membership expires in October.
I hear that, but I look at it as a old LGA vs. new LGA situation. The physical facility is orders of magnitude nicer, but in terms of speed/ease of use, T2 was pretty solid. But yes, late in the game, a dump sorely in need of replacement.

As far as best gates for getting in and out quickly at LAX, I don't know how it gets much better than UA's location for operations on the south complex, which is pretty much the norm for me as a user coming from the East.