FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Wine tasting in Bordeaux
View Single Post
Old May 18, 2022, 3:46 pm
Concerto
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
I too have a trip to Bordeaux coming up in June and I was looking for info here. This was the most recent thread I could find (the other being Bordeaux - more than just wine?).

First of all I will be arriving into BOD airport quite late, around 22h00, so I am hoping to find a hotel within reach of the airport. There is a new Holiday Inn at Merignac, but it's not accepting bookings yet, and there is the HI Pessac, about 5km away. There also appears to be a Mercure, an ibis Styles and a Novotel at the airport, as well as a Best Western.

The following nights I plan to spend in Bordeaux and I would be interested in doing a half day tour to any nearby vineyards. Thanks to Flyertalk I found a couple of amazing places when I visited the Napa Valley in California, but these places were old, traditional vineyards, including one of the original winegrowers in Napa. I managed to avoid the bling that Napa is really known for. I expect the Bordeaux experience to be completely different, of course, but maybe some of you have some suggestions based on personal experience.