FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QANTAS new rule changes
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2004, 8:19 am
NM

Programs: AA Plat & LTG; QF LTG
Originally Posted by Leumas
I just recalculated my DONE4. Under the current scheme, I'll get 1650 SCs or 1990 with the new scheme.

1650 / 450 = 3.7 UCs = 15000 points (based on 3 whole UCs)

1990 / 450 = 4.4 UCs = 20000 points (based on 4 whole UCs)

Woohoo...?
Yes, that is about the only benefit I have found so far.
Originally Posted by Leumas[/b
This upgrade thing - how often do you get a confirmed international upgrade? I think I'd it happend twice. Most of the times I'd to be on the waitlist. One good thing though, while it means QF will never have to release any U or Z seats until the last minute, it'll save us plenty of time from checking ITN and the like...
I chose my flights to maximise my chances of an upgrade. My Z upgrade from D on Monday cleared one week out. It is much better knowing that I have secured the upgrade rather than waiting until I get there.

Also consider the situation of Mrs NM a few weeks back. She traveled BNE-PER return with Mini NM#4. So she had car capsule, bags and other baby parafonalia to lug through checkin. I know this is a domestic flight, but if her confirmed U seats (paid N, upgraded with my points) had not been confirmed before check-in, she would not have been able to use the business class check-in and would would have had to join the very long WHY queue at each end. The J check-in that came along with the confirmed upgrade was one of the reasons for using my points for the upgrade. That benefit would have been lost if the upgrades were not cleared until check-in.