FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Consolidated UA Lost/Delayed Baggage Issues
Old May 16, 2022, 10:55 pm
dcpdxtrans

Originally Posted by Flying Machine
Perhaps the OP is questioning because he knows UAs coverage is better than the Montreal Convention
Bingo.

Frankly, I do not care what UA states as to what its interpretation is. What matters is the wording of the Convention/Pact that controls. As a matter of common sense--not having read the wording--it makes no sense to me. If the international portions are complete and the only leg remaining on a RT ticket is a purely domestic portion where there has been a rechecking of bags, why should that pax be treated any different than the one who bought a purely domestic ticket with the same city pairs? For me, the rechecking of bags is what changes the analysis.

Is anyone aware if anyone has legally tested whether my interpretation (in a vacuum) is correct?

I just read the Montreal Convention in full. I'm not convinced (that UA has the correct conclusion)...

Last edited by WineCountryUA; May 17, 2022 at 12:44 am Reason: merged consecutive posts by same member