FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - US to require air travelers to provide a negative test within 1 day of departure
Old May 16, 2022, 9:57 pm
econ

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, Hyatt Glob, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, Total Wine & More Reserve
Originally Posted by 84fiero
It's interesting that a few similar anecdotes have come up recently on another travel forum of agents not asking for or seeming interested in the test document, only the attestation form. Yet my most recent three experiences returning to the US were the opposite. The airline agents looked at the test results but didn't collect the attestation form and didn't even take it when I tried to give it to them. One looked at it for a second before handing it back, the others just said they didn't need it without even reading it. A few anecdotes aren't a trend, of course, but I do wonder if there's either lax training at this point or perhaps some "compliance fatigue" setting in among some agents.
This has been my experience with multiple UA flights so far when checking in on flights returning to the US. Haven't been asked for an attestation when checking in at the airport, but have been asked for a peek at the negative test result.

Originally Posted by CDTraveler
Did he use Verifly? BA encourages (requires?) it
BA does not require it. They did ask for an attestation when checking in at the desk. A screenshot of the confirmation page saying it was completed was sufficient.